A parade armor made around 1650-60 for the Prince Elector
Johann George II of Saxony/Germany, this armor is made of
copper , embossed and guilt, as well as set with paste
jewels. The helmet is lined with crimson silk, embroidered
with gold thread; breast and back lined with doeskin, edged
with red velvet piccadils.
Originally this masterpiece being part of the Dresden Collection, after WWII it became part of the C. Otto von Kienbusch Collection in the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Pennsylvania, USA and was only recently returned to its rightful place to the Rüstkammer in Dresden/ Germany.